A community conference thrives at the grace of their volunteers. We’re looking for YOU!
Volunteering at dataMinds Connect 2022
Over years past, dataMinds Connect (The conference formerly known as SQL Server Days Belgium) has grown significantly and become a household name in the European Data conference landscape. We’re now attracting more than 500 people, many of them even travelling from beyond the borders of our lovely little Belgium. Since the very beginning of our activities, we have always been incredibly passionate about providing a welcoming experience for everyone involved. This year, we’ll settle for nothing less!
dataMinds Connect is looking for volunteers to help make the 15th anniversary edition one to remember for our attendees, speakers, partners, and yourself! Mind you, because we are looking for a good amount of volunteers, the effort on your side should be fairly limited. This means you will not be working throughout the entire day, and we’ll make sure you have the time to network, take breaks, and watch the sessions you want to watch.
What do we expect from our volunteers?
You are helping to make sure:
- everyone feels welcome at our conference, and can enjoy themselves
- the organization is aware of any potential issues
- our presenters can start their session on time, and without (technical) issues
- our presenters have a friendly face to rely on for time keeping, visual cues, ..
- our attendees find the rooms, partner booths, .. without any issues
- we have an optimal flow during the break and lunch times
- we’re repeating the location of the rest rooms at least 1000 times throughout the day 😊
What do we offer our volunteers?
We’re a non-profit organization, running on a tight budget. So unfortunately, we can’t offer you hourly rates the average consultant would be proud of. Instead, we want to make sure you:
- feel welcome and supported to carry out these tasks, even if you’ve never done such a thing before;
- receive our eternal gratitude, for helping us out when we really need it
- have a guaranteed free ticket to our conference, even when we sell out
- can agree with your fellow volunteers which sessions you absolutely want to go see
- receive a crew shirt, to make sure everyone is aware of why you are pointing them to a direction
- have the right amount of information, to be able to carry out your tasks appropriately
Are you up for the task?
Drop us a message at email@example.com, to let us know you want to help make dataMinds Connect 2022 a success!
the dataMinds Crew ❤️