dataMinds Connect will take place in the beautiful city of Mechelen. Lamot, the Conference and Cultural Heritage Center in the Center of Mechelen, will host us for this years’ edition.
Congres- en Erfgoedcentrum Lamot
Van Beethovenstraat 8-10
Since December 7th 2011, the heart of the Mechelen centre has been car-free. Lamot Conference and Heritage Centre can still be accessed easily by car.
However, we highly encourage our visitors to use public transport. Mechelen has a direct connection by train from most other cities in Belgium.
This year, parking will not be included in either dataMinds Connect ticket. The impact on our budget, and the administrative burdens that are paired with it, are simply too great for our team of volunteers.
Anyone still choosing to come by car can use the relatively inexpensive peripheral car parks ‘Zandpoortvest’ or ‘Douaneplein’, for those coming from Brussels, and the ‘Rode Kruisplein’ car park for those coming from Antwerp. Both car parks are within walking distance (1.2 – 1.6km) of Lamot.
Finally, you can also visit the local city car parks, Q-park Lamot and Indigo Park.
Prices for day tickets at the different parkings are :
- Zandpoortvest 2 (1.3km on foot) : 3€ per day
- Douaneplein (1.9km on foot) : free
- Q-Park Lamot (next to the venue) : 20€ per day
- Q-Park Bruul (1km on foot) : 13€ per day
- Indigo Hoogstraat (350m on foot) : 15.5€ per day
- Indigo Grote Markt (500m on foot) : 15.5€ per day
- Indigo Kathedraal (450m on foot) : 15.5€ per day